Monday, January 14, 2013

Biscuit Memory Lane

Well I was discussing biscuits with friends the other day. I know strange subject but you know how it goes when our world revolves around the next meal and the friends and family that you will break bread with....or should I say biscuit.  I was telling them about my mother's biscuit find (found in the previous post) and I was telling them about not have a pastry cutter.  Which was strange to me because growing up we always had one.  So when I didn't have one it took me a second to recover. Mind you mom showed me what to do if I didn't have one which was good. Basically taking two kitchen knives like a cross pattern.  Think scissors but you can find pastry cutters to make it easier. 

Then we got to discussing biscuit cutters.  So the question is what did your mom or grandmother use to cut biscuits out?  Mine used either a biscuit cutter or a drinking glass.  My friend Jim he said that his used an empty Clabber Girl can. And when in a pinch you can just use a knife and cut squares. No matter what you use homemade biscuits are fairly simple to make, quick to bake, good with almost anything on them and more importantly can't be filled with anything but love.  So enjoy the buttery goodness.

2 comments:

  1. My dad used a mushroom can (washed and both top and bottom opened)to cut out his biscuits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my mom used the drive through for KFC

    ReplyDelete